Browser Shuffle Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Browser Shuffle Issue

Post  JPB on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

After selecting a patch (or soundsource) in the browser view, if I hit shuffle, the cursor stays on the previously selected patch and follows it in the shuffle to where ever it ends up in the order. So then I have to either select from around that point in the list, or page up to the top of the list.

Seems that it would make more sense if the cursor remained at the top of the list after the shuffle instead. Has anyone else noticed this?

JPB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Browser Shuffle Issue

Post  acim on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

I did mention this little problem at Spectrasonics... It is depending on what kind of host you are using. The problem does not exist in FL Studio, nor Steinberg V-stack or Vsthost. But things you are mentioning are noticeable in Sonar 6 Producer, Audition 3, Project 5, Xlutop Chainer, Native Instruments Kore 2... Spectrasonics reported that the problem doesn't exist in Sonar 7 and 8
Best regards

acim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JPB on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:54 am

acim wrote:I did mention this little problem at Spectrasonics... It is depending on what kind of host you are using. The problem does not exist in FL Studio, nor Steinberg V-stack or Vsthost. But things you are mentioning are noticeable in Sonar 6 Producer, Audition 3, Project 5, Xlutop Chainer, Native Instruments Kore 2... Spectrasonics reported that the problem doesn't exist in Sonar 7 and 8
Best regards

Well - I am using Sonar 7.0. Been avoiding updating as there were a lot of issues reported in those subsiquent builds. I might look into that again however. It's not a big issue, but would be nice to get fixed.

JPB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  acim on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 am

I did suggest for a bugfix in the upcoming updates but after now nearly 4 weeks no effective answer has been given by Spectrasonics... Shocked Indeed, they only asked me what kind of mouse I was using... Cool

acim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulperi on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:02 am

I thought that was a feature??
Mulperi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:54 am

Mulperi wrote:I thought that was a feature??

So did I. Razz

I want shuffle, I press shuffle, I get shuffle. No problem.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bourke on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 pm

The last loaded patch is always highlighted, regardless of the sort/display state of the patchlist. If this behaviour bothers you, I would suggest that you close the plug-in, reopen it, then switch the list to shuffle mode before loading a patch.

Kind regards.

Dave Bourke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum