Patch design in Omni

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patch design in Omni

Post  rawtheory on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Im copying my post from KVR onto this Omni specific forum to hopefully share technique with this sleepy community Wink This is a bass patch technique that uses Omni's VA capabilities and soundsource manipulation. Enjoy...

I just made a nice fat bass patch with two channels in Omnisphere using a total of three layers.
A sawsquare bright wave with some low pass filtering with the FatBoy filter preset and some unison set to fine -1 with a full spread which is then effected by the Flame distortion unit with the pre-filter on full blast going into to the "Scorch" algorithm and then heavily low pass filtered before having the upper frequencies boosted with an EQ7 unit and then smashed and limited with the Tape Slammer unit.
That is then layered with a "Prophet Pad b" soundsource which is effected by FM on the high frequencies, Wave Shaping and a touch of detuned unison which is then fed into an fx rack with Spring reverb with high time, low tone, and zero width fed into a Tape Slammer with zero saturation, high "age", and limited, which is then fed into a stereo imager to force the signal back into mono and finally eq'ed with another EQ7 device boosting the high frequencies.
Those are then layered with a "Modular Massive Mooger" soundsource that has a slight cut in the sample start time which is then dirtied a bit with FM and Wave Shaping and low-pass filtered with another Fatboy preset.
That whole patch is then EQ'd to low pass filter anything above 2.70k and to boost frequencies around 1k. A bit of subtle compression for clip control and the result is a deep, rich and creamy bass with enough mid and high-mid bite to cut through the mix and be fat enough to move tons of air on a nice sound system.

rawtheory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patch design in Omni

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your techniques with us!
Sounds interesting.
Would you mind uploading the multi to the patchbay so we can hear what it sounds like?

Thanks & Namaste
Hans

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  orbital on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Sounds awesome!

orbital

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawtheory on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 pm

Glad you like the description. I'm not quite sure about how to post the multi patch I created so I'm going to link you all to sendspace.com to get it. If you've got a better method, Hans, then let me know.

This is the link in forum code:
sendspace.com 0wpl8q

If it doesn't work then I'll provide different links. Let me know what you think!

PS: the sounds are on channel 2 and 3 even though the third is named empty. The second was built around the Apocolyptic Bass patch that was heavily modified. They are both routed to out B so you'll have to multi out Omni to the 2nd audio out to hear it. Enjoy!

rawtheory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum