2000 new patches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2000 new patches!

Post  rawtheory on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:16 am

Anybody else excited about the new dance genre tag in the update? I feel like I barely have scratched the surface of the library as it stands!

rawtheory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2000 new patches!

Post  Hans Scheffler on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 am

Seems like they never sleep at Spectrasonics.
Cant believe they were able to announce 3 major updates/upgrades at NAMM so shortly after the release of Omnisphere and all of them will be available within the next couple of month.
Such great news for any Spectrasonics user and electronic musicians in general!

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  PT on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 am

Any first thoughts on the new patches ? The ones Eric demo in the SonicState NAMM video sound great

can't wait to get my update Smile

PT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu_Art on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 am

This all sounds great.....although I stayed up to download....and unfortunately, it fell over on the installing of the Patches....seems that the file address for the Reference guide is too long for Windows XP ....so had to abort for now....waiting on the great guys at Spectrosonics to advise.....

'suppose I could continue and not use the guide for now.....hmmm

Spectrosonics do seem like a great company...and directly because of the forthcoming update on Stylus RMS, I've just bought that too ........just need to find the pennies to get Trilogy before May ;oD ...haha....

It would be great if also if , eventually, you will be able to bring in Stylus into Omnisphere, as you will with Trilogy.....

While I'm here...Hans ...lovin' the videos and your sonic creations....shame I have a PC, that's a great peice of video software too ;oD

Cheers, Stu

Stu_Art

View user profile

Back to top Go down

stll only 19 multis

Post  wired on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:02 am

they only have the nineteen multis for omnisphere, more patches, but more of the same, ...no genre adding, ...but its a good update, i use ethno intruments,(omni is a good companion) and nexus (for trance), so i don't need trance, but i was hoping that they were going to set up a library of multis for us.

wired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulperi on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 pm

I agree more multis would have been nice to really show the potential of the instrument
Mulperi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 am

Although there are no new multis in this update i am sure i have more than a total of 19 multis in Omnisphere.
Are you sure you counted correctly?
I will take a look when i get to the studio.

Thanks Stu for your nice words about my stuff. I am having a ball!

Basketball

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  PT on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 am

The new patches are just great.
I love the patch "Glorious Guitars" Smile
I had no problems with the update - I did this order : application - soundsources - patches and used the windows installers supplied for each.

cheers

PT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bourke on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:21 am

I did it from the bottom up soundsources first, then patches, and finally software. No problems.

Kind regards.

Dave Bourke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

just 19

Post  wired on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:31 pm

i only count the omnisphere library when i did this, maybe there are more including the atmosphere, it just doesn't feel like 2000 patches, tho, ...there are more of the same, like soundscape stuff. i think once the next regurgitated sample sets get in there it will be better, hopefully spectra will release some new sample sets for it, not just redone ilio stuff (but some of its still good, if the price is right).

wired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I also wish there had been more multis, they really are the crowning of the Omni creation. I would have liked to see what Scott Frankfurt and the others could have come up with. Never the less, I am very, very, thankful for all the freebies Spectrasonics is throwing our way. Can't wait for the March 2nd Stylus update!

Hans, you did a great job on your patches also. I've been going through the whole library and cataloging them for usefulness and your Pulsing Air Trance made it to number 1 on my "Handimeter" (I do this without looking at who created them or what section they are in for the sake of being unbiased)...because if I had seen your name I would have been biased anyway:)

I also enjoyed fining Scott Frankfurts Daniel Lanois style guitar patches. I don't know what hole I've been lodged in but I've heard and tried to find that signature sound before and never tied in D. Lanois to the Sling Blade or Dune soundtracks from which I'd heard it...of course then you have Brian Eno and U2 collaborations in the mix also.

Anyway loved the updates, always wish there were more.....still looking for stand-alone and sampling capability and hoping for a world class Steinway to rival Ivory or Akoustic.
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:37 pm

thanks Big C!
thats just an appetizer!
the bulk of my patches will hopefully make it into the next update.
I am finalizing them, adding modwheel and aftertouch etc at the moment.

And Wired-something in your installation must have gone terribly wrong-there are way more than 19 multis-i stopped counting at 100 and there were even more-i guess around 130-150 multis total.
From your comments you make it sound like you listened to all of the 2000 new patches already.
Thats amazing-i had them for quite a while (like 2-3 weeks) and i havent managed to listen to all of them because evrytime i sit down and start to noodle irt takes 5 minutes until i come across a sound that forces me to sit down and write a new song........
The collection is totally amazing and versatile and caters to a wide variety of styles and genres. There should be plenty of stuff to keep even the most demanding users happy. Maybe you give it another try.

drunken

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:28 pm

I agree very, very, versatile...

I haven't finished all 2000, I'm going through all the patches in Omni, to find the ones which really cater to a particular project I'm working on. Can't wait to hear your other patches Hans....I think the Stylus update is going to be revolutionary it will let me take all my libraries (Beat Bandit included) and mold them to a taylor made fit for everything...I'm glad I've stayed with purchasing Rex2 formated Multi libraries.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elektrolurch on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:56 am

I you enter 1.0.3 in the search window you can see all new patches.
In the Human Voices section there are a lot new patches.
So my question is: Is the SOV content completely inside Omnisphere now?
Remember it's price is about 500 $ Exclamation

elektrolurch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:03 am

AFAIK all the playable multisamples and the fx are integrated. most of the phrases didnt make it though.

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

sorry, must be close to 100

Post  wired on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 pm

probably 100 multis just in the omni alone, my mistake,..i was looking at the nineteen under a category, ...this synth with ethno instruments, is quite nice

Last edited by wired on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

wired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:14 am

more like 150
i stopped counting at 100 and there were a bunch more

alien

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  Arpnutt on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 am

I for one am enjoying the new update and patches. The new string and voices are amazing. Thank you all for you efforts!

Arpnutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top