Scott, You Rock!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott, You Rock!

Post  bigcohoona on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:22 am

I just found a sound on Omni, which was so amazing, to my ears and taste anyway, I ended up playing with it for 2 hours!

The sound was called "Glorium..??...", how about that, I can't remember the rest of the patch title. Scott Frankfurt created it, and it is similar to some of his other Lanios-ish sounds. A piece of bowed acoustic guitar heaven!

Thanks Scott, Keep em coming!

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott, You Rock!

Post  Hans Scheffler on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Scott is a fabulous sounddesigner and a great allaround guy.
Before he came to Spectrasonics he was responsible for the sound design at Ensoniq. He created some of the classic sounds of those products.
I will send him an email with a link to this thread!

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bourke on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 am

Was it "Glorious Guitars"?

If so, I agree that it's a fabulous patch. But then, aren't they all? Smile

Kind regards.

Dave Bourke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gentle choir

Post  wired on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:33 am

best patch for that lisa gerrard, dead can dance background vocals, ...now i need a singer for the lead

wired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Glorious Guitars it is!

Thanks Hans for the rundown on Scott....my world is complete. Eric was behind Roland, Skippy pushing Korg, and Scott on the Ensoniq front.

It is amazing how small the internet has made this world. I used to love Ensoniq sounds back in the early 90's. They really were great keyboards, it's a shame they sort of dived. Hans if you know Scott, tell him thanks, his patches really are amazing, I just finished going through all of his creations in Omni and cataloging them for later use, man he's good. I've reverse engineered several of his sounds and applied the techniques to my own builds....lots of fun.

L8r,

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:23 am

I already notified him and he was flattered.
Reverse engineering patches is a great way to learn the techniques of the masters and there is a lot to learn from the likes of Ignacio, Diego, Tob, Eric and Scott and the rest of the team.
Its pretty amazing how Eric managed to get all the people on board that dominated the sounddesign of hardware synth in the last 3 decades.
Another name that should be mentioned is Stephane Pigeon who made the Kawai K-5000 samples in Omnisphere.
He is a womnderful sounddesigner and works for Roland. And Artemiy Pavlov who wrote the algorithm of the waveshaper is also working for Roland as a sound designer.
Now if you take in account that most of them are coming from totally different places on this planet you can really say the worlds a small place thanks to the internet.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 pm

I could not agree more, amazing team there at Spectrasonics. I think because my next album has a very northern America, guitar based, ambiance-oriented, theme, Scott's sounds are of particular use to me right now, part of my idea palette came from the movie scores of Sling Blade and The Pelican Brief..very slow-guitar-feedback heavy.

It's now time to start cataloging everyone else! I've started with all the new 1.0.3 sounds to give me a starting place.
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top