How to set up Two Keyboards for live mode in Logic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to set up Two Keyboards for live mode in Logic

Post  psiklops69 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello
I'm having trouble setting up my two keyboards for the Live mode. I can't figure out how to separate them into 2. they all play the same thing. I'm running logic studio (v8).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks will be bestowed a thousand fold.

J

psiklops69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to set up Two Keyboards for live mode in Logic

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:31 pm

i am sure you tried the obvious and each keyboard sends on a seperate channel and you have set the MIDI status of the Logictrack that controls Omnisphere to ALL.
If you set it to anything other than ALL the incoming MIDI notes are reassigned to whatever channel you selected therefore controlling the same part(s) in Omnisphere.
I can think of anything else that could cause such a behaviour.
Neutral

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  psiklops69 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.

i am a bit of a newbe so I'm not too sure what is obvious and what is not Wink

I can't seem to set up 2 different keyboards in logic.

When I set up the multi channels in Omni, in the left hand inspector (in Logic), the port drop down in the multi instrument track shows the different individal keyboads. However, it doesn't switch individually between the other multi inst tracks. If I choose Kbd 1 in the port DD of Multi Inst 1, Multi inst 2-8 will show Kbd1. If I go to Multi Inst 2 and switch to KBD 2, all instruments will be Kbd 2.

It also does it cut off the other keyboards when I select one (i.e. I select kbd A but B and C still play).
Very confusing

Looked in the Logic Manuel and found nothing on setting up two or more keyboards.

Perhaps I'm not setting Omnisphere up correctly in Logic? There are no instructions or tutorials so I just set it up like I did for RMX.

Wow me head's spinnin

psiklops69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top