The Omnisphere one-hour challenge (20 demos online)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Omnisphere one-hour challenge (20 demos online)

Post  Dan Powers on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Hello, fellow Spheroids. First time poster here, and I'd like to share the results of an ongoing Omnisphere project of mine.

When I first installed Omnisphere, I found myself overwhelmed by the possibilities. As a way of familiarizing myself with it, I started loading patches at random and trying to work with them. One thing led to another, and soon I came up with the rules for what I called "The Omnisphere one-hour challenge."

The short version of the rules is: you load Omnisphere with eight randomly selected patches and give yourself one hour to write and record a complete composition. I went through this twenty times, and the results are now up on my website for those who are interested.

If you just want to listen without reading a bunch of text, you can do that here. If you'd like more information, including patch lists, or if you'd like to leave a comment, you can do thathere.

Hope you like them.

Dan Powers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Omnisphere one-hour challenge (20 demos online)

Post  Mulperi on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:35 am

And the address to your website?
Mulperi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Powers on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 am

Embarassed Wow, I can't believe I overlooked that. I'm going to have to go out and buy a hat that says "DUH" on it and wear it for the rest of the week.

OK, here. If you just want to listen without reading about it, go here: http://www.danielpowers.info/?page_id=161

Or if you're interested in reading a little note about each piece, including a patch list, or if you want to leave a comment, go here: http://www.danielpowers.info/?cat=25

Next time I post, I'll try to be more careful.

Dan Powers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top