Just tried Omni for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just tried Omni for the first time

Post  MyMusic42 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

It took a while to load it up (6 DVDs). I understand from the KVR forum that there is a patch for the distorted sounds which currently don't load correctly. I haven't applied that yet.

I played with it for an hour or so. My initial impressions are that it has a unique sound. I've basically just been testing patches and multis. I have even begun to look at the synthesis options.

It's bedtime for me. I will try this again in the morning. But so far so good. I'd say this synth is worth the money.

MyMusic42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just tried Omni for the first time

Post  Casar1973 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 am

Yes, the patch update also includes a whole bunch of new presets as well, thatīs very nice of them!

Iīm curious about how Omni taxes the CPU with complex patches...as I havenīt recieved my copy yet.

Casar1973

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CPU

Post  MyMusic42 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:45 pm

I will take a closer look at the CPU tonight and give you some stats as to how well the complex patches tax the CPU

MyMusic42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultraform on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:48 am

MyMusic42 wrote:It took a while to load it up (6 DVDs). I understand from the KVR forum that there is a patch for the distorted sounds which currently don't load correctly. I haven't applied that yet.

I played with it for an hour or so. My initial impressions are that it has a unique sound. I've basically just been testing patches and multis. I have even begun to look at the synthesis options.

It's bedtime for me. I will try this again in the morning. But so far so good. I'd say this synth is worth the money.

I just got Omnisphere, really nice synth! allready used it in my forthcomming release.. anyway.. I also noticed that one sound wasnt loading so I thought i had done something wrong in the installation but i guess i did all right.. where can i read about that issue on the KVR forum, can you link the thread?

Thnx
Ultraform

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ultraform

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyJack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:50 pm

That thing about the sounds not playing is on the other forums. It says that the DVDs that come for installation are missing all the sounds for "Distortion". It says that to get those sounds you have to download the latest patch from the Spectr website. I have not tried it yet, but they say that problem is fixed if you do the download. I dont use Distortions yet.

CrazyJack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top