New Soundsets For The Omni

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Soundsets For The Omni

Post  Mulperi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:53 am

Hans Scheffler wrote:I think Eric didnt create Omnisphere to be an allround synth to replace all the others out there.
Its all about providing new and unheard sounds.

Yes so I understand, even though somewhere I've read that Omnisphere - the only synth that I would ever need.
But, that's just my humble opinion. 1 good dry piano patch.
Of course we can make all the sounds with other synths if we want I have good VA VSTi's and my hardware synths have good samples and so on. And oh yeah, I have Akoustik piano. So I wouldn't die for it.
Just thinking aloud, perhaps somebody would want to play piano... I love you
Mulperi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  docatlas on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:18 am

Hans Scheffler wrote:I think Eric didnt create Omnisphere to be an allround synth to replace all the others out there.
After all there certainly is no shortage of regular piano sounds on the market.
Akustik Piano from NI is on sale for 99$ and then there is of course Ivory and the wonderful Pianoteq and Truepiano.
Plus-a good sampled piano easily eats up to 10 GBs and i am rather happy that Eric decided to use the space for other things. Why duplicate whats already out there?
I hope that the unique sounds of Heart of Asia will find their way into the corelibrary one day. That library had some very evocative and inspiring sounds in it that would make incredible fodder for the Steam engine.

Cool

Hans

I remember Eric saying in a post (I believe it was in one of the many Omni threads on KVR) that Heart of Asia and the other Heart of Africa libraries weren't ready when Omni was released, but would be included in an update down the road. I sure hope so. Omnisphere would be worth more than the full price just for the older sample libraries it includes, not even taking into account the new samples or synthesis features. But there are still people in forums complaining that it's too expensive...

docatlas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:50 am

Mulperi wrote:
Yes so I understand, even though somewhere I've read that Omnisphere - the only synth that I would ever need.

Thats an urban myth-Spectrasonics never said that.
Their slogan was and is
took 6 years to make and takes a lifetime to explore.
The whole onlythingyoueverneedstuff was something that popped up in a thread at KVR.
Eric always said that he does not want to replace anything-he wants to add to the existing palette.

That being said-the only things i use these days is Omnisphere, RMX and Kontakt for pianos, bass, brass etc and VSL for strings. The only other synth that get any love from me lately are the G-Media ones.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:51 am

Right-heart of africa also included some nice multisamples of kalimbas and flutes etc.
Looking forward to use that in Omnisphere when it becomes available!

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulperi on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:53 am

Yes that's what I thought, because it really is obvious that Omnisphere doesn't try to replace all the synths.

By the way have you used Mach five 2? How does it compare to Omni?
Mulperi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:35 pm

I know Omni was and is meant to be the sounds "that nobody else thought of" or has ever heard, but, i would still like it to be my one stop shop also. I felt the same way about Atmosphere. It didn't need very much to be that either, just some basics...like a great dry Steinway(or Bosendorpher...whatever your pleasure:), and a sampler.

I don't know how hard these would be to implement, but with the effects and flexible arp, it would be amazing. Plus ERic already promised a sampler in a later "Atmosphere" release. It always feels that Spectrasonics is one step ahead and behind at the same time. Updates are loooooooooooooong in coming, if they come at all, and what they have is always phenomenal in its quality but not All there...NI has them in that department, but I truly think Omnisphere could truly be...dare I say "Omnipotent"...with "Omniphony" and "Omniscient" in its abilities.

Good thread!

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:16 am

user sample import looks like the perfect solution to all this.
One could simply import a nice piano from a thirdparty developer and call it a day.

albino

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:51 am

I agree,

I'm really enjoying Beat Bandit..great work!

I also just finished to listening to all of yours and Trimada's posts, great work to both of you!

Trimada, you've got a great website, simple, expressive, and matches your production style well...keep it up.
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:14 am

Thank you Big C,
glad to hear that you are enjoying BB.

Very Happy

Hans
the beat bandit

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Hans Scheffler wrote:let me add that ultimately the perfect solution will be usersample import.
That way evryone can customize Omnisphere to their personal needs.
I hope Eric and the team will make this possible!

jocolor

omni is begging for user sample import
i also hope that kontakt libraries could be imported as well
i think the scarbee eps would be completely sick in the steam engine along with ian boddys stuff

Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:54 pm

After spending hours and hours with Omni, I have to agree, one great piano is really all it lacks. I'm currently combining Akoustic with Omni inside of Kore 2, but it would make so much more sense for Spectrasonics to include, or offer as an upgrade, at least one great set of the ol ivory!

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darren on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:39 am

Maybe not, but Omni is the best sounding synth out there, period. I don't know if it's the synthesis engine, the quality of the samples, the FX, or what, but nothing sounds as good.

So that has me thinking: "wow, I'd prefer to never load another VST ever... I'll do everything in omni, but i just need some basics too."

And they do have standard sounds like the choir, the baritone guitars, etc. (In fact, it seems a lot of the new patches added were more standard.) So why not a grand piano or an orchestra or...?

Not only would I have a great grand piano to start with but I could *also* use that as a starting point for creating newer sounds, rather than starting with a single sample and building it up.

darren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Omnisphere Elte?

Post  wired on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am

does anyone know when this website will be up and running?

wired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darren on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:01 pm

This omnisphere elite site looks really amateur. Not sure it'd be worth anything at all...

darren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 am

Yeah, Hans Scheffler is really an amateur.....perhaps you should check out Blue Lounge or KVR, perhaps they contain a greater precision in their technical illumination of Omnisphere which you would find better fitting to your professional tastes:)

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

huh?

Post  darren on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:53 pm

What do you mean? *This* site seems to be associated with Hans. The "Omnisphere Elite" site: http://www.omnisphereelite.com/ appears to be really amateur and have nothing to do with this site or Hans.

darren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm

I have no connection to a website called Omnisphereelite.
Seems to be some missunderstanding?
And i agree that site looks rather amateurish-most of the links lead to nowhere etc.

Basketball

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

My Apologies

Post  bigcohoona on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 am

Sorry about that...I thought you were referring to this site (Omnitalk), not another, I thought the "omnielite" comment was a snyde remark to those whose work and comments on this site I have developed a high regard for. Thought you were saying those posting here were't professional or knew what they were doing. My misunderstanding...please post away:)

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joey tunez on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 pm

bigcohoona wrote:How are the East West products?

I've been very tempted to buy Goliath and Storm Drums 2....they sound amazing for demos on a website.

Have you tried their new "Play" interface and what do you think of their 64 bit engine....cpu hog?

Thanks,

big~C

i have goliath and so far no good. im sure your probably planning on getting goliath to use for your bread and butter sounds to go with omnisphere for your weirder stuff and of course synths. this was my plan to and it was between this and kore 2.

-first off I automatically deduct points for any software program that requires i use an Ilok, its inconvenient and takes up important usb slot space from my hub.

- secondly, when compared to omnisphere the sounds are just kinda weak...i use protools and when i press a key at normal velocity in goliath your looking at about a quarter of the meter going up (still in the green). at the same volume levels and the keys pressed at the same velocity with omnisphere your tapping into the orange. needless to say if I am working on a track with both omnisphere and goliath sounds i have to turn one way down and the other near max.

- thirdly the sound volume is not only below what i expected, but the sound quality isn't all that impressive so far. the strings are okay and so are the hardrock guitars (which are actually pretty cool), but everything else is blah. the brass is kinda cheesy and the synth leads are god awful (they don't even compare to omnisphere).

- last but certainly not least is a glitch that does something very very annoying. certain instruments are meant to make elongated or "held" notes. such as flutes and traditional violins (i say traditional because piccatto strings are of course going to be short notes even if you hold the key). sometimes when you play these notes however the sample will just cut it short making a quick note. this of course equals to alot of "do-overs" when recording a track which are very counter productive. this is all after the update of course. No

joey tunez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks for th EWQL Review!

Post  bigcohoona on Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks for the review...

The ones actually that attracted me the most were Goliath, Storm Drums 2, Voices of Passion, and Ra. I'm thinking I'm going to have to find someone that has them before I go and purchase them. I already have gigs and gigs between Reason, NI, and Omni/Stylus and can probably do anything I really want....I was interested mostly in SD2 purely for the midi samples...which reminds me, anyone know of a great source for midi files? (especially cinematic)

Did you know that the Piano Gold library is something in the neighborhood of 263 gigs! She doesn't even come with a free hard drive:)

I'm realizing more and more that Spectrasonics really has the corner on their sound engine as far as richness, clarity, etc. I've also recently come to the realization that if I can make it sound good, any professional mastering company can make it sound phenomenal...and big picture, only 1 out of 10,000 (if that) would ever know the difference or care...they want a mood, a meaning, a hope, a word, or an escape (Don't we all).

Thanks again...think I'll hold off for now...even though they just came out with their Composers Combination for a really good price.

Come on Eric P....we need some bread n buttah....and a piano!

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun May 03, 2009 2:58 pm

I am working on a review of RA and SILK and sofar i prefer SILK. It simply has the better soundset of the two. True Legato, portamento, Round Robin etc.
Both plugins do show some strange behaviour from time to time where the sound goes into some crazy short loop and i need to reload the patch to get back to normal-that with the latest version.
I will keep you posted when i get closer to the end of the review.

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Wed May 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks Hans, I really appreciate the info. I've heard on several different places that the Play engine was only so-so (reliability speaking)....so, I think I'll just wait for a while till I hear overwhelming reports of EWQL products.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tunk on Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 am

So Hans, what are you Spectrasonics sound designers working on these days? Are there any new soundsets or expander packs in the works?

Tunk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Cant tell you but here is the man himself

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/370380-hows-omnisphere-3.html
scroll down to #75

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tunk on Fri May 15, 2009 1:16 am

Nice Very Happy looking forward to those new patches. If you speak to the man himself, perhaps you can mention that there's a lot of people over here looking for some more bread and butter soundsources.

Tunk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top