Clicks and pops

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clicks and pops

Post  nomy on Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi all.

Great to find this place, there seems an amazingly small Omni/Atmos community out there for some reason.

Anyway, I am a little new to all things MIDI so please bare with me here. I've recently bought and installed Omnisphere. I must say I'm completely blown away. I've been using it on a number of tracks recently, but only recently using it on it's own with no audio so I can here everything now! I've just noticed some irritating pops and crackles on certain arpeggiated sounds. For instance, Electro Ebow 1 will give out a faint crack sound when it's there is a note change trigger on MIDI. If I play it direct from the keys it's fine, it's only when it's MIDI triggered that I can here it. It's not just that sound, I can get a few others to do it too, but it is mainly arpeggiated and quantized data that creates the issue. And as is always the case with these kind of issues, it's not consistent; one pass it will crackle the next not.

If it was a resource issue, then surely playing it via the keyboard would also trigger it. Very confused here.

My host is Cubase SX3
Windows XP sp3
3 GB Ram

Any ideas?

nomy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clicks and pops

Post  nomy on Fri May 08, 2009 3:52 pm

OK, I've been experimenting a little and I fear it is a resource issue after all, so here's the update.

What I've tended to do in previous projects is use only one instance of Omnisphere, one separate VST Piano, Trilogy and a VST Drum (plus a lot of audio). So not too much resource hogging going off. What I failed to tell you was this time I was using 3 MIDI tracks, each driving a different patch, and so I presume this would tax my system? I use Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz by the way.

Would this seem reasonable? Have I encountered my system limit you think? My confusion is not helped by my limited MIDI and VST knowledge, because if I play back the section where it clicks etc but mute the other channels, it still clicks....now that's confusing.

Incidentally, the CPU meter is only 1/4 used.

Anyway, hopefully someone can clarify a little.

Thanks for reading this far Smile

nomy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Mon May 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Cubase SX3 has been a problem for Omnisphere. It has improved since the last update, though I do still get the occasional buzz sound of CPU struggle. It does depend on the patches used. A six voice Multi sends my QuadCore into melt down.
Ensure you have the latest version of Omnisphere as it has improved the performance a lot. The Cubase problem was one of the fixes.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum