VST 2.4 Host Search continues......Please help a brand new owner. Thanks!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VST 2.4 Host Search continues......Please help a brand new owner. Thanks!

Post  quasar on Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi All,

I just bought Omnisphere for my PC late last week and am searching for the best host VST thatís either free, nearly so or relatively low cost. I tried Savihost which unfortunately caused grief and sonic mayhem probably due to some issues such as buffer size, sound card driver incompability and latency. The output in a way sounded like burst of machine fire! Totally useless.

Someone recommended Cantible 2.0 which works however it will tack on another 50 bucks to the start-up costs of implementing Omnisphere which was by no means inexpensive.

There are many VST hosts out there however the problem is finding out which ones meet the VST 2.4 specs. Like finding a needle in a haystack for those like myself who are new to this whole area hence this request for assistance from those who have already traveled down this path. I wish Spectrasonics had made an effort to list ones that are known to successfully drive/host Omnisphere either on their website or in the documentation but I have yet to find it if it even exists.

Would you all please consider helping me out to become educated with what my best possible options are?

Thanks so much in advance.

My address is emusampler@juno.com

quasar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: VST 2.4 Host Search continues......Please help a brand new owner. Thanks!

Post  logicbomb on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:51 am

Hi there,

Have a look at;

Independence free ; http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=842
MU.LAB ; http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

They are both free.

logicbomb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum