Patch Midi function

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patch Midi function

Post  Musicgroover on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:59 am

Hi,
Simple question
When I play on my Midi keyboard a Pad in omnisphere and than lift my hand of the key it looks like the sound stops immediately .
Is there a way like in a sampler to maybe midi learn this so after you left your hand off the keyboard the sound will gently fade out instead abruptly ?

Thanks

Musicgroover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patch Midi function

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:08 am

The behaviour of a sound after you release the key is normally controlled by the release time of the amp envelope in Omnisphere. Pads should have their release set to a value that makes them fade out after you release the keys.
All of the pads in Omnisphere are programmed to behave like that.
If you encounter problems with this i would suspect that your keyboard is sending an All Note off message after you release the keys. Try to find that in the manual of your keyboard and deactivate it.

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Musicgroover on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:45 pm

It looks like that this has nothing to do with the keyboard. It has to do with release setting in Envelope. You can notice in the soundbrowser the patches mostly do have almost "0" release time.

Musicgroover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Yeah-like i said-the release time in the amp envelope is the parameter that controls how long the sound will take to fade to zero after key release.
While it does make sense to have sounds with a release time close to zero like organs or reverse FX but for pads the value should at least be set to something like 2 seconds or more.
Can you point me to some of the pad patches that you discovered thathave the wrong setting?
I will report them to the beta forum so they can be fixed in a future update.
thanks

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: