Serious problem with Omnisphere

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious problem with Omnisphere

Post  Cowboy82 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 am

This is a serious problem I've been encountering for the past months. I'll explain it later, but you can reenact this problem by doing this: Load up Omnisphere, load up the Broken OSCar Bass patch, record a somewhat busy bassline, and then go to the midi-editor. This is important: Mark all the notes by quickly marking them with the pointer tool. Now, when I do this in Logic 9, something sick is happening. There's a loud pop, then the sound is gone. Nothing. When I start playing back the project from the beginning, there is once again a pop when pushing play, but now all instruments/audio tracks EXCEPT Omnisphere is putting out sound.

This happened after upgrading to Logic 9, but had the same problem before AND after upgrading to Snow Leopard. I have all the latest updates for Omni. The Broken OSCar Bass patch causes this problem, but it has also happened with other bass patches. It never happens with strings, pads etc.

When this problem occurs, I dive into workaround hell, since as soon as the problem is there, it won't go away. I save the multi, remove the Omnisphere plug-in from the track, reopen it, and then loading up my saved multi. This solves the problem most of the time, but not always.

I also have to mention that marking all the notes in the MIDI editor isn't the only way this happens. Most of the time, it's enough playing back the project, and when the marker hits the bass notes, then POP! Omni is dead. The strange thing, is, that I never know when it's gonna happen. I've been working on a song for a couple of weeks now, with the Broken OSCar Bass patch loaded up and running with no problems. Then yesterday, BAM! It happens again.

This is a serious PITA, and I hope someone out there can help me sort this thing out. It's a workflow killer, and the last thing I need approaching my deadline...

Thanks to everyone in advance for any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this Smile

Roy

PS: I'm on an Intel iMac 24" 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM
M-Audio Firewire 410
Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Logic 9.0.2

Cowboy82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious problem with Omnisphere

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 am

im not in the studio right now but you could try to bypass the internal effects for that patch (if there are any) and see if that helps.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy82 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks a million, man! Will try that Smile Thanks for your lightning-fast reply! Have a great weekend Smile

Cowboy82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top