Trilian Is Shipping!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trilian Is Shipping!

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:58 am

Says Spectrasonics pressrelease:

"Trilian is designed from the ground up to be the most versatile bass virtual instrument available today with a new level of expressive, real-time performance for acoustic and electric basses – plus cutting-edge synth bass tones with powerful editing and extraordinary sound quality. Trilian is the successor to Spectrasonics’ award-winning Trilogy bass instrument, offering deeper control of musical expression and much greater flexibility of sound shaping. Trilian’s 34GB library is 10-times the size of Trilogy and features all new acoustic, electric and synth basses.

Powered by next generation STEAM Engine technology, Trilian is the first instrument to feature core library integration with Spectrasonics flagship Omnisphere® synth – allowing Trilian’s sounds to be used within the Omnisphere environment for further sound design and keyboard/bass splits."

I personally tend to rely on real basses for my own stuff but regardless of that it is very convinient to track with a bass module in the songwriting process. How do you think Trilian compares to Trilogy?

Like a Star @ heaven

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://omnitalk.lightbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trilian Is Shipping!

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Trilian is the logical next step for every Trilogy user.
I love the pragmatic approach that the Spectrasonics team used in the creation of this product.If it sounds good-it is good!
The way the patches are designed makes it very easy to create believable results with minimal effort. You just play and most of the time the right sounds just fall into place.
The way i use it is as follows.
I load up 8 different articulations into one multi and play the bassline using part one (Full Range)
Then i go into the eventeditor and change the midichannel for the notes that i want a slide or harmonics or whatever other articulation for.
I find that much easier to handle than applying Keyswitches in realtime.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Cool Hans....I may have to consider bringing further donations to Spectrasonics. For songwriting it´s great to outline the parts with such a tool....and that you can use it as a soundsource for other creative "sounds" is also quite interesting, as your demos showed.

Like a Star @ heaven
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://omnitalk.lightbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum