AWOL tech support!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AWOL tech support!

Post  Arielmusic on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 am

I've been having major problems installing Omnisphere on an external drive in my MOTU based system. I have been calling the support number, getting a recorded message and leaving multiple messages for four (work) days.

I finally figured out how to get it installed (for a day) by creating an alias to the STEAM folder in the external drive and put it into my users Spectrasonics application support folder AND also put a copy of the Omnisphere component file into the users file (the install placed one in the main HD components file).

Yesterday it opened and and played samples but the browser would not scroll through sounds or search. Today, it won't even open.

I've done all the updates...

Has anyone been able to talk to a human being in this company since the release of this plugin?

Has anyone had similar problems with the browser?

Len

Arielmusic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AWOL tech support!

Post  novata on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Arielmusic wrote:

I've done all the updates...

Has anyone been able to talk to a human being in this company since the release of this plugin?

Len

All I done was e-mail them and they replied. It was last week when I had concerns about the clicks and pops with the GUI open. Since the update, it seems to be better.

Why can't you try and reinstall again, it sounds like it's messed up. Are you sure you loaded all the patch libraries into the STEAM folder?
It's possible that Omni loses site of external drives once they have been disconnected and reconnected. Is there no way you could install Omni on an added internal SATA drive?
Thankfully I haven't had any problems with any of the updates that many people have mentioned, so it's a bit of a concern that it fails for some people and not others. Are you on a MAC running Logic, because quite a few users on the KVR forum have mentioned installation problems, it might be worth seeing what their solutions are.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Casar1973 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks for letting us know though. I am just about to install my copy and had planned to do it on an external drive. Is it true that it will lose functionality once you disconnect/reconnect the HD? I mean doesnīt it reconnect and work properly if you reattach it again? Hmm...donīt want to have to go through issues in vain...so you have to keep the external drive attached at all times not to mess up the install? Sorry if I misinterpreted the information.

Casar1973

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum