Recording Live mode in Logic 9.1?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recording Live mode in Logic 9.1?

Post  Oceanviewstudio on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Greetings,

I am just getting my hands dirty with Omnisphere and Logic. Both at the same time is quite a daunting task to be honest.

I wonder, I have not found out a way to record a Live Mode performance to logic yet, probably only lack of knowledge.

Rehearsing a Live mode for some time, I was very pleased with the arrangement, but can not record the switches, so far I tried it with mouse in latch mode, and key switches.

What am I missing?

The other thing that puzzles me is this, I opened Omni on an instrument track and then I can add seven more AUX channels for the individual outputs of Omnisphere. However, changing the Midid channel of the correspondig AUX tracks to the one I use in Omnisphere does not do the trick.

Recording appears to happen only on the instrument track itself and not on the AUX channels, which in deed also do not have a record enable button, but mute and solo.

Then I found out that if I have all instruments play on midi channel 1, and send the out to a/b/c/d/etc then I can use the corresponding AUX channels and mix the eight channels individually from within Logic, as well as send them to different effects, great, but sending everything on one channel can't be right, or is it this way you do it?

Sorry if this may be basic stuff for you Folks, but learning Logic at the same time is well.... pheeew.

Grateful for any pointers in the right direction!

Best wishes
Georg

Oceanviewstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recording Live mode in Logic 9.1?

Post  Oceanviewstudio on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 am

Well.... I am at it now since a few days, trying to find informations, but I can not for the Heck of it figure it out.

Loading a Multi in Logic and looking for Omnisphere automation I can even see at the very bottom, LIVEPART 1 ,2,3, usw. but performing the live mode does not record the switches.

Would be great if anyone here could help out with that.

Thanks
Georg

Oceanviewstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sorted!

Post  Oceanviewstudio on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 am

Me idiot.... lol!

It works a dream, by using keyswitches to record.

Ahem, of course, using the flippin mouse does not create any midi events that could be recorded.

THANKS JOERG! Very Happy

Oceanviewstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recording Live mode in Logic 9.1?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top