Questions on Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions on Updates

Post  yolanda on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi,

Does it matter if updates are not loaded in the correct order? If I missed one in between, can I go back and install it? Also..I notice that there is a "Steam" folder in the updates...does this get loaded automatically when you run the UD installer, or do you have to install it manually?

Please forgive me...I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure it all out. Please...someone explain this update procedure.

Thanks

yolanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions on Updates

Post  novata on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 pm

I have to say, I'm not sure. I suspect that updating in the wrong order could have detrimental effects on the behaviour of Omnisphere because it would not know how to update to a later version if Omnisphere is not prepared for it. I would strongly suggest going for the next step update, then the later updates will need to be introduced. Rolling back Omnisphere shouldn't be a problem but I suspect that Spectrasonics will be able to help should this method fail. Beyond that, it could mean a complete de-install then re-install from scratch. Just don't forget to book a day or two from work and take some food with you. Get comfortable, because you're going to be there a while.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  yolanda on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks Novata,

What I'm wondering about is the fact that I'm getting errors on alot of soundsources (cannot find soundsource in core library) I try refreshing the browser, but still, it doesn't find the sounds. So, I was thinking that it might be because I'm missing a few past updates. Does anyone know about this? If I install the previous updates, will it replenish the missing sounds?? I wanted to try this before trying a reinstallation of the whole library, because that is a loooooooooooooooooong install !

Or...maybe the folders are mixed up? The folder system is very confusing. If I saw a screenshot of the folders and subfolders, that could help me check if everything is in order.

yolanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yolanda on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 pm

I think I'm going to roll back the program (not Steam) ..there shouldn't be a problem with uninstalling just the player part? When I reinstall, it should connect with Steam once again...I imagine.

I guess, since Omni is not listed in "add/remove" programs...I would just remove the .dll file from Sonar VST folder, right? What about the .dll in the Spectrasonics folder?

In other words, I want to start from scratch with the software (not the libraries)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

yolanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

There should be a proper un-install file. I'm not at my PC right now but I'm sure you shouldn't just trash the .dll
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum