Omnisphere and The Remote SL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Omnisphere and The Remote SL

Post  xun on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:45 am

I just got myself this amazing tool, but I am having some problems with the assignment of controls on my Novation Remote 25SL.
The only knob I can assign is the bottom left crossfader in the main window. This is done as anything else with the automap, but nothing else works...

Anyone know what to do?

xun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Omnisphere and The Remote SL

Post  bigcohoona on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Yes,
Somebody please help him out...I'll be slaving my Novation SL Zero, as soon as mine comes in:)

You may want to contact Novation and see if they will post a template....actually we both should...I'll get on it.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xun on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Very Happy great idea, but I think the problem is with omnisphere... I have been searching around for help and it seems like alot of people are having problems.
But I will contact Novation and see what they have to say... Smile

xun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alsoul on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 pm

I have the nocturn and I ran into the same problem. I finally figuired out how to assign the controllers. I am not at home right now so I will try to do this from memory. If you right click on a knob or slider a menu will come up. Look for an option called (if memory serves me) enable automation. The menu is context sensitive so there are some controls that will have a different menu. After selecting enable automation you can right click on the control again and it will display the controller number. You can now assign that controller to a knob in automap. One thing that I found out the hard way is that all of the settings are not saved in the instrument automatically. If you close your project with out saving the midi template (again, I could be wrong about what this is named but you should be able to right click anywhere on the interface to bring up a menu with this option) or saving the project itself the next time try to use the plugin in a project the settings will be lost.

So it is basically a manual process to set up omni to use automap and you have to load the midi template every time you use the plugin in a new project but it works

alsoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alsoul on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 pm

bigcohoona wrote:Yes,
Somebody please help him out...I'll be slaving my Novation SL Zero, as soon as mine comes in:)

You may want to contact Novation and see if they will post a template....actually we both should...I'll get on it.

big~C

Unfortunately, I think that this is going to be mostly up to spectrasonics to update how automation is assigned in the plugin. If they can provide default automation routings for all controls then it would be easier to set up. One thing that I did not mention earlier is that the control is assign per layer. So you can assign envelope cutoff to a different automap control for each of the 8 layers. This would take forever to set up.

alsoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm

I just got a reply from the Novation Tech guys, They said if "enough" people request a template they will do one.

So if you have the time, got to www.novationmusic.com and request it. Of course, I'm not really sure what "enough" actually would entail.

Thanks for the other posts, mine comes in tonight, so I'll play around and see what I can do.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyJack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 pm

I dont have a Novation Remote 25SL, so Im not sure if I know what to do. But I do have a MIDI keyboard with CC knobs and sliders. I make them work for Omnisphere by clicking on the right mouse button on the Omnisphere knob, then I choose "MIDI CC learn" then I use my hand to turn the CC knob on my keyboard. That then make the two connected. On Omnisphere, the mouse right menu has "Show Learn" to show that fact afterwards.

There are many more MIDI features to use in the upper-left corner "Utility" button-menu. Use the "MIDI learn" menu there, and there is "MIDI Learn report" which lists all the learnings. Also, there is "Save MIDI Learn template" which saves all them in a file (?) so you can re-use them later with "Load MIDI learn template". But also if you save a Multi the midi learns all get save with the Multi, I think, but Im not sure about that.

CrazyJack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auricle on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:20 am

alsoul wrote:I have the nocturn and I ran into the same problem. I finally figuired out how to assign the controllers. I am not at home right now so I will try to do this from memory. If you right click on a knob or slider a menu will come up. Look for an option called (if memory serves me) enable automation. The menu is context sensitive so there are some controls that will have a different menu. After selecting enable automation you can right click on the control again and it will display the controller number. You can now assign that controller to a knob in automap. One thing that I found out the hard way is that all of the settings are not saved in the instrument automatically. If you close your project with out saving the midi template (again, I could be wrong about what this is named but you should be able to right click anywhere on the interface to bring up a menu with this option) or saving the project itself the next time try to use the plugin in a project the settings will be lost.

So it is basically a manual process to set up omni to use automap and you have to load the midi template every time you use the plugin in a new project but it works

I can confirm this. I tried this method with the Nocturn and it works. Right click on the control you want to automate in Omnisphere and select 'enable host automatopn'. Then you can 'learn' this control as you normally would - i.e. select 'learn' in automap, click and move the desired control in Omnisphere and then move a controller on your SL or Nocturn.

I also can confirm that you have to save the midimap in Omnisphere otherwise it will be lost next time you start the project. You have to remember to load the midimap when you reload the project in your host.

auricle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattyc on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 pm

i think my novation is crashing my omnisphere, in cubase 4.5.2

when i run it on my laptop without the novation its fine but on the studio machine it works for 5 minutes or so then i get a JGJGJGJGJGJGJJG sound....loud and ugly and digital badness....
if spectrasonics support isnt up to scratch what would you guys reccomend to do, reinstall or hold tight
installing it on both machines HAS taken quite a bit of time already but i want it to run properly so will reinstall if i need to !!!!

mattyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:28 pm

I think my Novation is doing the same.....I just bought a Mackie MCU off ebay (I was planning on buying one anyway), the zero just doesn't cut it. It might be fine for a live application but not for real mixing, and the trigger pads don't have quite the delicate pressure balance I'm used to (Trigger Finger/Mpc's).

Anyway, thanks for all the help, I'm outa this thread.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xun on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am

Has anyone been succesfull in using the Remote SL with omnisphere yet?
I simply cannot get it to work.

I have tried both automap 3 and without automap. Nothing works. Sad
Also, I am using FL Studio 8.

xun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Not here,

but I've honestly not really tried, I just downloaded Automap 3 and am wondering if the Pro version with the drag and drop feature might make it easier..dunno.

I'm also looking closely at Logic 8, one of the new feature is an enhanced drag and drop controller setup with their rack setup....I've primarily been a Logic/Ableton/Reason user for a while, but always find I get the most work done inside Live.

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NicoNoise on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:26 pm

xun wrote:Has anyone been succesfull in using the Remote SL with omnisphere yet?

Yeah, it puzzled me too, but the secret is in Omnisphere. Automap uses automation and the controls in Omnisphere are disabled for automation by default. So when you want to assign a Omnisphere control in automap you first must enable it in Omnisphere by right-clicking om it and then in the context-menu enable automation for it. The Omnisphere parameter will then be assignable to an SL-control.

Hope this helps.
NicoNoise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xun on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 pm

NicoNoise wrote:
xun wrote:Has anyone been succesfull in using the Remote SL with omnisphere yet?

Yeah, it puzzled me too, but the secret is in Omnisphere. Automap uses automation and the controls in Omnisphere are disabled for automation by default. So when you want to assign a Omnisphere control in automap you first must enable it in Omnisphere by right-clicking om it and then in the context-menu enable automation for it. The Omnisphere parameter will then be assignable to an SL-control.

Hope this helps.

Can you please post a pic or video? I don't quite get it Razz

xun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NicoNoise on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:00 pm

If i knew how to put images on this forum i would gove you some, but i don't understand how to get them on this forum.

Question
NicoNoise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xun on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 pm

NicoNoise wrote:If i knew how to put images on this forum i would gove you some, but i don't understand how to get them on this forum.

Question

http://www.imageshack.us/ Wink

xun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eops on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:25 am

Well I sent in a request to them anyways - hope they sort it out - I tried the version posted elsewhere on this forum but could not get it working (I am pretty stupid mind) Very Happy

eops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top