Sites with free SAGE files? Good libraries to buy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sites with free SAGE files? Good libraries to buy?

Post  darren on Sun May 16, 2010 8:28 am

Just bought Stylus RMX Xpanded simply because I'm so happy with Omnisphere that I figured I'd double down. (Next is Trillian!)

Anyway, I have TONS of Acidized WAV files and I was looking to start building up my RMX library. Looking for sites with free SAGE files, RX2 files, or even good not-to-pricey libraries?

I sure hope Spectrasonics makes a bet on RMX again and starts offering the kind of updates they do with Trillian, but I'm sensing this product will never get that kind of love so I'd better start looking for content elsewhere.

darren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sites with free SAGE files? Good libraries to buy?

Post  Neil B on Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 am

Not sure about freebie files for RMX, & I'd be a bit wary of the quality at different tempos.
For purchased ones try:
Nine Volt Audio- http://www.ninevoltaudio.com/index.html
There are some demo loops that can be downloaded (try before you buy) and if you also search for Nine Volt Audio in You Tube, you'll be able to download the videos as well - they are really useful.
John (Skippy) Lehmkuhl has some good stuff too - http://www.pluginguru.com/ and his 4 part RMX tutorials are brilliant.

Re improvements to RMX, I think it does its job superbly but I'll bet Eirc & co have ideas in the pipeline. My concern is they'll bring out a memory hogging RMX2 whereas now it sits nicely with my 4GB memory.

Hope that helps.

Neil B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Mon May 17, 2010 1:51 am

Spectrasonics did update RMX last year by adding the fabulous Time Designer and i am sure they do have great plans for it in the future.
Regarding additional libraries-you should check the Illio expanders-they are the only ones that are officially approved by Spectrasonics which means they will behave just as well when the tempo is altered as the original Spectrasonics loops. The only other brand out there that can claim the same is 9voltaudio. Their stuff also can be slowed down to 60 BPM without sarificing quality.
Many other Rex libs out there suffer from poor rexing and subpar sound.
That said-you might still find a couple of gems among them.
Try Esoundz, Zero-G, elab (e-music) and drums on demand
Big Fish also has some nice titles.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil B on Mon May 17, 2010 2:17 am

I skipped mentioning the Ilio ones Hans, as I thought they came with RMX nowadays.

Total Rex (Zero-G I think) has lots of stuff such as house & hip-hop. I haven't got it and have mixed reports about it, but I'm currently checking it out.

Neil B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darren on Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks guys! Yes, indeed, my copy of Stylus RMX "Xpanded" comes with all of the Illio libraries.

Still, it feels much less content laden than Omnisphere, which is just packed to the gills with amazing sounds.

I will look at the sites you guys mentioned!

darren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top