Hey guys purchased a couple weeks ago,, what a synth however i have some clipping issues :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey guys purchased a couple weeks ago,, what a synth however i have some clipping issues :(

Post  Gaz Alexander on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 am

So i figured why not,, everyone was raving about it so decided to go for it

Havent played much with it, cant wait to start stacking, only checked out a number of arps,, which sound lush for some prog Trance!!

Anyhow ive come across a couple things that have started to puzzle me

Im getting clipping from one of the arp patchs in particular,, Arps / Steps of urgencey 2 patch

It seems to be clipping,, its coming through the render also so i figured it was an issue with the actual vst or patch??

Ive tried running it live,, a number of render setups for the project as well as render the patch to wav as a loop, through a compress to help prevent the clip, etc but nothing seems to work,, ive also had it up on edison and the clip appears to spike significantly,, almost twice as much db as the rest of the loop created.

I then had a play with the LFO's and it seemed to help a little but not enough, starting to think its cutoff and LFO related on said patch as i havent come across this problem on any others as of yet...

Can link a demo here if thats ok??

Anyone else had the same experiance with some of the Arp patches??

Best regards

G

Gaz Alexander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey guys purchased a couple weeks ago,, what a synth however i have some clipping issues :(

Post  Hans Scheffler on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:21 pm

omnisphere patches have a very hot output.
have you tried lowering the mastervolume in omni?
that usually does the trick.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top