New 2 Forum!

Go down

New 2 Forum!

Post  jackasspenguin on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi,

I've just created an account here. Probably not the best stop for mere introductions but a first post none the less. I've had Omnisphere for a while now. Just now really sinking my teeth into it. It's probably a bit advanced for me as I'm a guitarist with other musical aspirations. But once I get a better understanding of synthesis and starting from the beginnings I will prosper. I was interested in either buying Nexus2 or the Moog Tribute pack. Omnisphere is a bit overwhelming and I'm finding I'm looking for sounds and the such a tad more conventional. For instance, how would I find just a piano sample without all the strange artifacts? I don't mind all the circuit bent sounds but it's just not what I'm looking for. I'm interested in basic trance, dance electro industrial types of music.

Cheers!
Johnny

jackasspenguin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 2 Forum!

Post  novata on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:14 am

Omnisphere doesn't have the usual instruments sounds. It is a synth/sample player (with its own samples).

Sorry,
novata
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jackasspenguin on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:35 am

Hopefully in time I will have a greater understanding of the instrument and all it's capabilities. Furthermore! I think this Forum will be a much better resource than the Northern Sounds Forum. That was a terrible experience. Maybe checking out some other user created presets and the such would be a good start. Cheers!

jackasspenguin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Welcome to Omnitalk!
There are a lot of conventional sounds in Omnisphere.
The piano aint one of them.
Try searching for dance or trance in the searchfield to find sounds that fit that genre.

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down