Stack Mode MIDI Channel Has No Effect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stack Mode MIDI Channel Has No Effect?

Post  jestermgee on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 am

New to Omnisphere but have most of this beast figured out.

I am running an XP machine, Core i7, 6GB Ram, Live 8 and dozens of controllers. I firstly have to say I am stunned there is no official support site. Have to wonder why that would be Rolling Eyes

Anyway, what I am playing with is the Stack Mode function. I understand the setup, can get everything working BUT when I create a CC mode and assign a controller, it works but no matter what MIDI channel I set, every channel moves the control. I understand the MIDI mappings in Ableton and I have created a second MIDI track and set it to ONLY transmit to Omnisphere on, lets say Channel 2. I play my keyboard and patch 2 only plays (expected). But I then set the MIDI channel in Stack Mode to any of the 16 channels and the automation still responds to the CC data.

From working with Cubase and FLStudio I know Live handles MIDI routing differently but I cannot seem to lock the control of Stack Mode to 1 channel only???

I CAN achieve this with any other control by MIDI learn or Host automation just fine.

The issue obviously is that with almost a dozen controllers and keyboards around me, complex MIDI matrix madding across my gear to get everything working without conflict, not having the ability to lock down a function to a spcific channel + CC number is a real issue since when I move the same value CC on any device it moves the Stack Mixer if the track is armed.

Anyone have any ideas or can confirm this. I will have to have a look in cubase and see if its the same behaviour

jestermgee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stack Mode MIDI Channel Has No Effect?

Post  jestermgee on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:56 am

Looking a little further into this...

It appears that the MIDI Channel option within the Stack Mode refers to the incomming MIDI notes.... This seems strange since the MIDI channels are selected within the Multi section. It also seems strange that every control of Omnisphere can either be mapped directly to a CC\Note via MIDI Learn or set to be Host controllable Except this stack mode control channel. For live performance the CC control option for stack mode is excellent because it's like a crossfader between patches. Looks like I may have to reserve a MIDI channel number just for it that isn't used by any controllers. Last thing I want is to be in a mix and find out that the cutoff on the touchOSC can control the stack mode mixer, even though they are on different channels.

jestermgee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top