How can I make Omni patches that would sound more like a Virus or the Nexus 2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I make Omni patches that would sound more like a Virus or the Nexus 2?

Post  jackasspenguin on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 am

Hi,

I've had Omnisphere for a while but I never can make it do what I really want. I'm interested in creating some bit Trance Leads and Pads but I fail to do so. I really like the Nexus 2 and the Virus but at this stage of the game I really would like to be able to make Omnisphere perform like I want since it's paid for!

I'm also not really interested in buying something that is always going to need a refill of sorts for new sounds like the Nexus 2 as it's a rompler and doesn't really offer much in the way of actual synthesis. I haven't really heard of too many Omni sound sets that blow my socks off but that doesn't mean they might not be worth while. I just don't want to keep buying samples and other peoples work to get the type of sounds I'm wanting. Right now, I'm really just wanting some massive trance sounds. aka JP8000 Virus, Nord etc. Although, I don't really have the money to go out and buy a bunch of new gear that I'm going to have to learn to program all the same. I'm just not finding a great deal of the Omni sound banks to be extremely usable. I'm not saying that they aren't great! It's just not really what I'm looking for. Could someone point me to a few patches I could check out to see what I might could try? There doesn't seem to be a huge selection at the patches section but from what I checked out, still probably not really what I'm shooting for.

Cheers and Thanks!

jackasspenguin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How can I make Omni patches that would sound more like a Virus or the Nexus 2?

Post  novata on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 am

Are you serious?
I don't understand why you would be struggling with Omnisphere to produce great sounds.
You do know how to use it don't you?
There are plenty of tutorials.
Omnisphere is a rompler/synth which allows you to combine any combination of sounds from the library together with any other sound from the library, or synth with multiple oscillators. You've got some really nice effects, which, is probably what you need to reproduce some of the Nexus sounds.
Why not fire up Nexus, choose a sound, and see if you can replicate it in Omnisphere?
Should be a good enough challenge.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How can I make Omni patches that would sound more like a Virus or the Nexus 2?

Post  jackasspenguin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 am

Awesome! There are people who use this forum. Yeah, I've made some progress!

jackasspenguin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top