Add A Sync Oscillator to The Sampler, and my petpieves with the current granular algorythm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Add A Sync Oscillator to The Sampler, and my petpieves with the current granular algorythm

Post  Blank_Man on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 am

If you add a sync oscillator to the sampler you will get all sorts of cool new possibilities and timbre with every sample in the library.

The grain sampler is rather limited and generic in my opinion. It only has a couple of strong settings and is not very well rounded. For instance it only creates 1 good buzz, and when you play it on the keyboard you can tell it is not being tracked, sorta like and FM or RM without any keyboard routing. I'm really disappointed with the sampler design and I hope a drastic improvement is made soon.

Why software companies haven't developed a sync oscillator for their samplers is well beyond me. I made several myself and they sound amazing and can create all sorts of formats. It's very interesting to hear the sample start position change as the sync oscillator is modulating the sample, which pretty much mimics the behavior of a wavetable. Hearing the pitch change of either the sync oscillator or sampler, while the others pitch stays constant is also very interesting. This is good solid fun, please pursue this Spectrasonics!!!

Blank_Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top