Learn to tweak Omnisphere or?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learn to tweak Omnisphere or?

Post  lica on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:22 am

hi
Hope some one can give me some advice.
Iíve had Omnisphere for some years now, both Omni 1 and 2.
Iím not very technical and my force is not sound design. Iím a songwriter trying to learn to produce decent demos of my pop songs.
I love the way Omnisphere is organized with the browser and so on, itís so easy, and I also have Trillian and Stylus and they work so fine together so thatís another plus.
But my problem is that it is rarely the Omni sounds I use. I usually end up using some of my Nexus sounds. But Nexus is much more difficult to browse and I have a feeling that Omnisphere can produce the same sounds and a lot more if I learn to tweak the presets.
So my question is:
If I learn more about synths and so on can Omni produce the same sounds as Nexus or is it basically something else.
I like minimalistic stuff and Omni is often so big.
I have the MacPro video course ďCore OmnisphereĒ and Iím trying to learn more, but thatsí for Omni 1, so Iím considering one for omni 2 as well.

I think I know pretty much how to browse and so on, but how to manipulate the sounds, and what sounds fit together, thatís my problem.
Should I learn more or give up on Omni and maybe buy Komplete or something else?

lica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top