Some little questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some little questions

Post  dr.wackler on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi there!

Since the manual installed on my machine is quite incomplete yet, and the tutorial videos couldn't help me in that regard either, maybe someone here knows the answer to the following questions:

1. What is the setting "browser synchronisation" for?

2. Is there a way to unload a soundsource from the sample oscillator (i.e. resetting it to "empty")?

3. How do I rename a patch, other than in the OSX Finder?

Thanks in advance.

dr.wackler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some little questions

Post  Ade on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 am

1. I believe Browser Sync ensures that new patches which you may have saved or imported are correctly shown in the Browser.

2. There is no patch equivalent to 'Clear Multi' which I have been able to find. Copying and pasting default 'layers' may have been an approach but it only initialises parameters and does not clear out the sample memory. The only way I have found to initialise a soundsource is to load a patch based on the empty --------- default patch. Just save that and you're set until something better comes along.

3. I don't think it's possible to rename a patch from within Omnisphere OSX as the Finder does not usually provide rename functions from within an app. Windows will allow this.

Ade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:16 am

dr.wackler wrote:Hi there!

2. Is there a way to unload a soundsource from the sample oscillator (i.e. resetting it to "empty")?

Yep. That's a bug bear of mine too.
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dr.wackler on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for your answers!

Ade wrote:2. There is no patch equivalent to 'Clear Multi' which I have been able to find. Copying and pasting default 'layers' may have been an approach but it only initialises parameters and does not clear out the sample memory. The only way I have found to initialise a soundsource is to load a patch based on the empty --------- default patch. Just save that and you're set until something better comes along.

Saving my own "Empty/Default" patch was one of the first things I did when I got Omnisphere. It doesn't help for what I want though: It's really about clearing the soundsource only.

Here is why I want this (maybe I should better post this in the Tips&Tricks section Wink ):
I found that it's very nice to save Oscillator presets with an empty Soundsource field, because then you can later impose any such Oscillator preset on the Soundsource that you have loaded. The settings change, but the soundsource remains.
This way you can very quickly try a number of different complex Oscillator settings on any Soundsource.

My workaround at the moment:
When I've set up some nice settings (with some soundsource loaded of course), I
1. switch to Synth mode,
2. temporarily save the Patch,
3. reload the patch,
4. switch back to Sample mode (which now will have an empty soundsource field, but still my settings),
5. and then I save the Oscillator preset.

With a proper function to remove the Soundsource from the Patch, this time consuming workaround wouldn't be necessary.

dr.wackler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dr.wackler on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:57 pm

novata wrote:Yep. That's a bug bear of mine too.
Hi Novata,
let me take this opportunity to thank you for your nice choir patches! Very Happy

dr.wackler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dr.wackler on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Oh, I forgot:
Ade wrote:3. I don't think it's possible to rename a patch from within Omnisphere OSX as the Finder does not usually provide rename functions from within an app. Windows will allow this.
Infact there are a number OSX applications that can change filenames on the HD from within the app, e.g. Logic (from the Audio Bin window) or Sample Manager.

dr.wackler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 pm

dr.wackler wrote:
novata wrote:Yep. That's a bug bear of mine too.
Hi Novata,
let me take this opportunity to thank you for your nice choir patches! Very Happy

He He, You're welcome. I'm going to keep creating various patches because it's sooooo addictive. Laughing
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:46 pm

But it's not a given.

dr.wackler wrote:Oh, I forgot:
Ade wrote:3. I don't think it's possible to rename a patch from within Omnisphere OSX as the Finder does not usually provide rename functions from within an app. Windows will allow this.
Infact there are a number OSX applications that can change filenames on the HD from within the app, e.g. Logic (from the Audio Bin window) or Sample Manager.

Ade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum