Installation issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation issue

Post  muso4hire on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:48 am

Hi,

I just installed Omnisphere on an external drive. I am using DP 5.11 - 5.13. Omnisphere is not showing up in my DP VI tracks.... I don't have 50 GB available on my internal drive. Mac Book Pro 2.33 GHz, OSX 10.4.11, 2 GB RAM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
MIke

muso4hire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installation issue

Post  muso4hire on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:36 pm

I managed to fix my issue... After making sure the component was in the proper place on my boot drive I tried renaming the folder on my external drive to "Spectrasonics Instruments" instead of "Spectrasonics". I was then able to boot DP 5.11 and authorize Omnisphere, but the sounds couldn't be located. I then renamed the folder on my external drive "Spectrasonics" again, rebooted DP 5.11 and magically it worked perfectly... I have no idea how that worked, but I hope it helps anyone else out there with similar issues. BTW, I repaired permissions a few times and did the normal trouble shooting before I renamed the sound folder on the external drive.... I love the way it sounds, but am not clear on the browser yet...

muso4hire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyJack on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

I have an internal and external drive. I made a point of installing on the internal drive, because the Omnisphere seems to use streaming (look at the "Systems" page under the "Multi" tab at the top). I think streaming is where the plugin read the audio data from disk, in real time, so disk speed needs to be super fast.

But if your external drive is fast, then you are probably okay.

CrazyJack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top