Beginner's world

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beginner's world

Post  aceku on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:48 am

Hello Omnians,
Please can anyone out there help to provide info or guideline as to how i can start to venture into the world of soft synth and Omnisphere. .. Thanks

aceku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beginner's world

Post  Hans Scheffler on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:21 pm

definetly watch all the tutorial videos during the install.
Its a good way to kill time and learn something.
Then after installation explore the preset patches to get a little taste of what Omnisphere can do.
Then explore the Multis, Stackmode, Live mode.
Finally look under the hood of the patches that you like the most to learn how they work so you can start making modifications or start new patches from scratch.
But most important have fun and get inspired!

cheers

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  aceku on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks Hans,
Actually, can you direct me from beginning please. My synth experiences only limit to keyboards and would like to learn more on soft synths. What PC or Laptop should i be using and what other hardware should i use to link up? aside for the Omnisphere and maybe the Stylus RMX, should i be looking into any other software to run with?
Appreciate your assistance. Thanks

aceku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  novata on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:22 am

aceku wrote:Thanks Hans,
Actually, can you direct me from beginning please. My synth experiences only limit to keyboards and would like to learn more on soft synths. What PC or Laptop should i be using and what other hardware should i use to link up? aside for the Omnisphere and maybe the Stylus RMX, should i be looking into any other software to run with?
Appreciate your assistance. Thanks

It is a lot of information that you require and certainly not the sort of thing we can aid you with in a forum. The problem is down to personal preference. As they say, there is more than one way to make an omellette.
Here is a link to a beginners guide.....................Linky
novata

View user profile http://novata.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  aceku on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks Novata,
I can understand what you are pointing at and thanks for the link. Its a great help and to anyone who's in my same position (ie testing out which is the best way to make one's " omelette' Laughing ), here's another link for more info. http://www.tweakheadz.com/software_synths.html
keep up the great work.....

aceku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkM on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:22 am

I think to learn anything you have to have a clear focus. So i've been reading and focusing on filters for a week. There are so many, it will take time but the more you tweak then the more you'll relate something to something

Which brings me onto a point similar to that. You have lfos, envelopes, modulation, filtering. Make sure you know what each on does, is capable of, is used for and so then you can associated ways of working, sculpting with each one. It's like indexing.

I'm in the same boat so one step at a time, never try and read about all at once otherwise you'll end up confusing yourself.

MarkM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top