Can't instanciate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't instanciate

Post  jrm1 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 am

In Logic, when I attempt to instanciate Omnisphere, I get this:

Cannot open Multi/Users/Jim/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphere/Defaults/default.mlt_omn

In other words I can't yet use Omnisphere. Anyone have any ideas?

MacPro 3.2GHz, 10Gb RAM. I have the sounds on a second drive, not the system drive.

jrm1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't instanciate

Post  deepcgi on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 am

I'm getting the same error in DP 6.01 on my G5 Quad. I have successfully installed all of the DVDs on an external drive, calling the folder Spectrasonics Instruments (just like the video). I actually can load Omnisphere, but I get that same error and none of the sounds will load. I went to the website and specifically downloaded the two new patches and installed them, but nothing changed. Also, I reinstalled only the plugins. And I made a new alias of the Steam folder and copied it into the appropriate directory on the System Drive.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong on your machine?

deepcgi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deepcgi on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:08 pm

There are two places with Application support/Spectrasonics/ directories in them. I had an alias to the external drive's STEAM folders in only the my_harddrive/Library/ subdirectory not in the User/My_Name/Application Support/Spectrasonics/ subdirectory.

Create an alias of the STEAM directory from your external drive (make sure to take the word "alias" off) and copy it to both Application Support/Spectrasonics/ directories. That worked for me. Apparently the installer doesn't always copy it the appropriate directory when certain shared user settings are enabled.

deepcgi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum