What sort of ethnic sounds are in Omni?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What sort of ethnic sounds are in Omni?

Post  whiz bang on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 pm

It was generous of Mr. Persing to include so many of the older sample libraries in Omnisphere, but I was crestfallen when I found out that the Voices of Africa/Asia were not to be included. For ages I've tried to find a good Kokyu sound, and so I'm wondering if Omnisphere contains something similar, or if anyone could point me in the right direction.
The Kokyu is a Japanese one-stringed violin that sounds similar to an Erhu.

Thanks in advance.

am

P.S. My copy of Omnisphere has been in for a while, but unfortunately I won't be back home to install it for another three weeks.
whiz bang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What sort of ethnic sounds are in Omni?

Post  lhama on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Eric did say something about the voices of asai/africa would be available later, since they weren't ready for the big release... but when and if it's free is anybody's guess.

lhama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  docatlas on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:29 pm

One of the Voices of Africa volumes is in Omnisphere, but I can't remember if it's volume 1 or 2. The other volume and Voices of Asia are supposed to be available sometime down the road.

docatlas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  docatlas on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:37 pm

On the other hand, there are some nice Middle Eastern stringed instruments, from Hans Zimmer Guitars, Vol. 2; Oud, Saz, Cumbus, and Yayli Tambur. Also several South American instruments; Cuatro, Charango, & Cavaqui˝ho. The Coral Electric Sitar is technically a guitar, but it still has a nice Indian vibe, filtered through the 60s.

Also, some of the vocal samples, like the Tuvan singers, would qualify as 'ethnic'.

If Spectrasonics does plan to sell some expansion packs of new sampled soundsources, it would be nice to see more ethnic/world sounds, though. What's included is great, but it just makes me want more.

docatlas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:16 pm

The only stuff that made it sofar from Heart of Adrica are some of the ambient sound fx like breakfast inthe hut and african children playing.
Hopefully the playable instruments like Kalimba and African harp etc will make it at a later point.

best
Hans

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

Post  midinut on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Hans Scheffler wrote:The only stuff that made it sofar from Heart of Adrica are some of the ambient sound fx like breakfast inthe hut and african children playing.
Hopefully the playable instruments like Kalimba and African harp etc will make it at a later point.

best
Hans

Just wondering if all we are seeing are the "Patches" or "Multis" that might contain the Voices of Africa stuff. Is it possible that maybe all the "Soundsources" may be in there and available? I don't know and don't have VOA to compare the soundsources to ... but maybe someone that does could check and see. Or maybe someone from Spectrasonics could chime in and set us all straight?

Very Happy

midinut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top