Why is Omnitalk stagnating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is Omnitalk stagnating?

Post  whiz bang on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:43 pm

This forum seemed filled with so much promise. It's very easy on the eyes, it focuses on a very popular and deep synth, and some of the members are extremely helpful. I'm crestfallen that posts are so few and far between.
So, I am beginning a revival! Tonight, I install Omnisphere. By the end of next week, you can expect a windy review, and several experimental tracks posted.

For now, I will share a letter I received from the old lady a while back. I think some of you may enjoy it.

"An-chan,

I will come over to you on the 21st then Smile I think I will book a hotel room near the base.
Tell me what time is the best for me to arrive in the Kanagawa, when you figure out.

I never said I wanted to go swimming!
But movies sound good.
I'm sure once you take a peak at Omnisphere you will be hooked.You will play with it all day and sleep with it at night.
Remember that if you leave me alone too long, I will take it away from you and throw it out of the window Smile

About your college,
you don't have to worry if there is a Japanese community around the collage you want to go to.
Don't you ever think about taking another course besides Japanese?
Because I can teach you Japanese everyday. You might want to take music classes after you open Omnisphere Smile But are you sure the Navy will pay for our needs even after you leave the force?
Is the Navy really so kind?? I hope it is.

What is the report like? Why are you embarrassed to ask your supervisor? Is it something sexy??

I will see you in 7 days.

Kaori
P.S. Where did my package go ;( !?"
whiz bang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is Omnitalk stagnating?

Post  JPB on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:52 pm

I only found out about this when someone posted a link for me while I was on another forum. I don't think many people know about it. That is the only reason I can imagine as there is plenty to talk about (There is a lot of discussion on northernsounds.com for example).

I think it will pick up in time. Hopefully they will post a link on the Spectrasonics website.

JPB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:26 am

Hello whiz bang!

Your observation is clearly valid but it does take some time for a new forum to pick up some speed. We did send a bunch of information mails to various places so it isnīt like we didnīt try and do anything to get proper attention. Having said that though - it is a user based forum - by users and for users so in the meantime one canīt do much other than try and spread the word. We just intended to make a decent and functional harbor for all who may be interested.

I compare with the unofficial user forum set up by Chris Milne for Universal Audioīs UAD card. It started slow with a few guys but now after some years it has got 6000 registered users (!) and a decent pace of discussion. It is generally a bit more challenging with a forum that is so specific to just one particular application.

Like a Star @ heaven

Admin/Rob
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://omnitalk.lightbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Scheffler on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 am

Maybe its a good idea to add sections for discussion of the other Spectrasonics products like RMX and Trilogy, Legacy Sample libs (including Hans Zimmer, Distorted Reality etc) and one for thirdparty products like Ninevoltaudio etc.
That may attract more Specrasonicsusers to come here.

afro

Hans Scheffler

View user profile http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicpassenger

Back to top Go down

I suspect....

Post  pod on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:22 pm

I suspect it's like this: lots of us got this thing for christmas, the intimidating amount of install discs
and giant amount of space required was one step.

Then there's just playing around with it - you could easily start playing and hours could pass without
even realizing it.

It's a really deep instrument.

I think some of us are going to go "I think I need a new computer" too.

We're trickling in, I suspect.

pod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Spectrasonics needs to promote it a little better...open it to all their products.
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:38 am

Bigcahoona, if they did so that would be certainly beneficial but I havenīt noticed any mention at all of this site from their side. On the other hand OmniTalk IS unofficial and not run by Spectrasonics.

I have made some adjustments to the keyword search index. I added "britney spears" to the index...perhaps weīll see some more action... pirat

Like a Star @ heaven
/Rob
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:10 am

I actually didn't know this wasn't an official Spectrasonics forum...I feel retarded, maybe I'll do better next year! What a Face

Thanks Rob, have a great New Years!

big~C
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawtheory on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Where the hell are all you people?! Don't you all want to at least discuss some production tips or what you're favorite patches are or anything? This instrument deserves its own forum, so lets make it something worth visiting farao

rawtheory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 am

As suggested by Hans and others I plan to add forum levels for the other spectrasonics products so one can discuss trilogy(trillian)/stylus rmx specific issues as well. I think that could be appropriate since there is no specific internet forum for those applications either, not that I know anyway.

Like a Star @ heaven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rawtheory on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Great idea! Very Happy

rawtheory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcohoona on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:11 pm

+1

Awesome idea! Especially with the integration of all three with Groove Lock etc.

Thanks.
bigcohoona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzooo on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Hola, gang--

I just discovered this forum--in fact, I really just discovered (and bought) Omnisphere at NAMM. I too hope this forum sticks. I've of course barely scratched the surface--I'm a jazz composer and player, but I've been itching to make some music that combines ambience, electronics and jazz improvisation in a way I've not heard yet. OS seems hugely intuitive, sounds great, easy to edit. It's a good time to do what I'm doing!

See you all around--

Doug

Jazzooo

View user profile http://dougrobinson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazzooo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 am

Well, ok, maybe it IS stagnating! Wink

Jazzooo

View user profile http://dougrobinson.com

Back to top Go down